Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Electrical Tape

Up one of the legs I had this idea to do candy cane stripes. I was going to do one in OLA green and one red. But how am I going to get these stripes mapped out on the leg?

Electrical tape on the log
I pulled out some electrical tape my friend Erin sent me for some collage fun. This worked pretty good. It stretched, turned and pulled up easily. I wasn't worried about getting the lines exact but I wanted to make sure that the idea of "candy cane" was conveyed. After I got the tape where I wanted, I marked it with my soft charcoal pencil. Not bad. But now I'm questioning the whole idea of the stripes. For some reason they just hit me wrong. Hmm?

I don't know how far other artists have gotten but I'm noticing a couple of challenges.

SAM on my drafting table
SAM is standing up on my old drafting table. This is almost a perfect height. I can work sitting in my desk chair or standing. At other times, I lay him on his side. Even though there are towels covering the table, SAM is getting nicked! While I'm drawing, I'll rotate SAM around. The towel helps me do the rotatiing but then it will expose the edges of the table. The next time I rotate, his ear or leg will catch the edge of the table and scratch my nice iridescent finish. More towels?

plan for upside down dogI started by painting down one side of the torso and then moved to each leg. Boy, are these challenging! I don't know whether to work with the dog upside down or me! I haven't come up with a safe, stable way yet to work with SAM upside down. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. My Geek suggested a large box full of bubble wrap. A good idea but I don't have a box so I haven't tested this out. My friend Sue suggested pillows. They might work in the box if I covered them with bubble wrap.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home