Drool on the Frog

Monday, February 13, 2006

A Fist Fulla Dollars

Most of the trips I make to Mona Lisa Art Supply are to browse and dream but never to buy. Tis the life of a poor artist. So to walk into Mona Lisa this past weekend with the stipend that FHS gave the artists was a thrill! After putting the paints I knew I had to have in my shopping basket, I started to peruse the brushes. I admit, I caressed and even pawed them, but with great respect. I made my final decision for 8 new brushes.

I hadn't tested the painted surface of the dog, yet, to see what instrument to use to transfer my design with. I assumed that a soft graphite pencil would work but would probably rub off easily. I also wondered if a wax pencil of some kind would be less delicate but just as easy to rub off.

I discovered a dreamy selection of red, yellow, green and orange Stabilo pencils. The one thing I may love more than paper - PENCILS! (Running a heated third are rulers. Strange, huh?)

The spending trip was short but sweet. Somewhat like that Candyland room in the Wonka factory where everything was eatable. They didn't get to spend nearly enough time in that room but I bet it was deliciously unforgettable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home