Drool on the Frog

Monday, February 27, 2006

Paint Brushes

BrushesAfter my first paint session I knew something very clearly. My brushes were too big! Here's another lesson I'm learning due to my inexperience.

The brushes I got at Mona Lisa are very nice. I got Silver Ruby Satin and W&N Galeria. I got a variety: round for detail work, flat for filling in large areas and filbert for all those curves. My design consists of a huge variety of hearts of varying sizes and shapes. I started with one of the three largest.

I kept thinking, big project, big tools. Very few of the hearts are completely solid, though, so I will never need large brushes for filling in large areas. I need brushes for drawing lots of lines.

I was able to return the two largest brushes and bought eight smaller ones ranging from 2 - 6 in flat and filbert. I bought some cheaper brushes, Royal soft grip, with shorter handles so that I would have more options.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home