Drool on the Frog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sketching

Sketching my design on SAMI'm grabbing moments here and there to at least sketch my design on SAM, even if I don't have time to paint. My Geek is improving but he is still weak. Those of you other poor souls who have been hit by the flu this season know that it takes WEEKS to recover from. My goal now is to not come down with it myself.

Sketching my design on SAMSketching with the soft grey charcoal pencil is still working well. I can rub it off with my hand or a dry towel. You can still see faint marks from this, though. If I really need to "erase" and start over, I use a wet towel and let it dry thoroughly. That gets rid of it almost completely.

I don't know if any of the rest of you are experiencing difficulties translating your design from 2D to 3D. My design is unique over every inch - there is no repeats in the pattern. So there are areas - inside the legs, on the belly, top of the head, down the back - that don't have a completed design. I even find myself looking at my original design for the legs and wondering, "Now what was I thinking when I did this?" Sometimes I'm just wondering, in general, "What was I thinking!?"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Have you seen that your blog is on the home page of the art unleashed! website? Cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • No! Thanks for letting me know.

    How cool is that!

    By Blogger rhon, at 11:18 AM  

  • dotf,
    I tried to find the art unleashed website... found a few, but no mention of your blog or project. What's the link to the right one?

    By Blogger Erin, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home