Drool on the Frog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Have You Seen This Creature?

The elusive Squabbit
It always happens when you are unprepared! You're casually driving down the road and ... there it is! A squabbit! Yes, this weekend My Geek saw the elusive and rare squabbit. Distinctly described as having the tail, hind legs and body of a rabbit and the head of a squirrel.

I know some of you are skeptics. Just because Big Foot has had more sightings than the squabbit doesn't make it any less real! Not nearly as popular as the jack-a-lope, the squabbit myth struggles to come out from the shadows of obscurity and doubt into the real world of wikipedia and it's own movie deal.

To arms! The squabbit was sighted on Polo Road just North of Peace Haven. Grab your cameras, Louis Vuitton handbag and any left over PEEPS (a squabbit can't resist high fashion and large amounts of sugar coated marshmallows).

6 Comments:

  • Dern! We just roasted the last of our Easter Peeps over an open fire.

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:26 PM  

  • For an unbeliever, you seem to know a lot about squabbits. I will be vindicated. I'll find another one, even if I have to move my search to neighboring states. Perhaps Tennessee.

    By Blogger Leatherwing, at 10:01 AM  

  • And another thing. That must be an Easter squabbit you have on display. Mine was gray all over.

    By Blogger Leatherwing, at 10:03 AM  

  • The one pictured is not an Easter squabbit but the great Northern squabbit. Although all squabbit's love PEEPs, the Northern breed can be lured by a coney dog or smelly cheese. They also prefer comfortable shoes.

    The existance of the Southern "gray" squabbit is heavily debated.

    By Blogger rhon, at 10:24 AM  

  • This is awesome, I thought I was the only one who had witnessed a squabbit . My daughter and I were driving down the road and saw what looked like a rabbit at first, but had a squirrel shaped head!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 PM  

  • I think I have squabbits in my yard! Yes, more than one. At first I thought they were just rabbits; then I looked closer and they looked a little strange. I have no zoology knowledge, so I though the matting between rabbits and squirrels would be impossible. I got a glimpse of one online. This is phenomenal!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home