Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Top 5 (T5) Movie Lists

You may have noticed that in addtion to posting a weekly movie review I also, in the right margin, post a new Top 5 (T5) movie list. Each T5 is by genre (Action, Comedy, Drama, etc.) and is either my T5 or My Geek's. The 5 are not in any particular order. It's hard enough coming up with just 5 much less ranking them.

Eventually I will post my AllTime T5. This list is in progress and very difficult to come up with. You may be shocked to see what ends up in that list (e.g. you probably won't see Casablanca or Citizen Kane). My criteria for film is not the same as a critic's. My T5s are based on consumer parameters. I don't watch movies for a living; I watch them because I love movies. These are movies I like.

Any movie that appears on my AllTime T5 will not appear on any of the individual genre lists. Star Wars (I won't tell you which one yet) will appear in my AllTime list but not in the sci-fi list. It is definitely one of the best Sci-Fi films of all time but I think it is more than that. That's why it gets on the AllTime list. Terminator 2 is an T5 sci-fi film but not an AllTime film.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home