Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Recommendations

Sorry I missed my movie review last Friday. I'm lucky I don't get paid for this or I'd be out of a job. Please look for a review of Panic this Friday.

Things have gotten really hectic. In the past two weeks school has started, I'm juggling several fires at work and our social calendar has exploded. I may be down to posting only once a week for a while. In the mean time, I know you're at a loss for something to rent so here are some recommendations to tide you over.

Romantic comedy: Grosse Pointe Blank. I know I've mentioned this before so if you still haven't rented it, you should feel guilty.

Foreign: Hero. This is not a kung-fu movie. It is one of the most beautifully artistic films you will probably every see. Guys, you'll like this too. There is beauty in heroism.

Action: The Replacement Killers. And old story: a hitman gets a conscience and then become the target. But Chow Yun-fat is such a wonderful actor it doesn't feel like a rerun.

TV: Firefly. This is a brilliant sci-fi/western adventure series. It's the first series in a long time to develop such wonderful characters. Don't let the genre turn you off. You will love these characters.

I'm going to leave you with these and go put out some fires. Until Friday...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home