Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sigh. The Holidays Are Over

Elf with Will FerrellMy hiatus was much longer than I had planned. But I'm back on-line with lots to talk about in art and movies. This Friday I will have a review of the movie Brick.

I made out like a bandit in the DVD library this holiday. My Geek contributed the most. I was thrilled to receive Elf and Baz Luhrmann's Red Curtain Triology which are the three movies made by Baz Luhrmann.

  • Strictly Ballroom This is a colorful spoof on ballroom dancing competitions, full of great music. We loved this movie so much back in 1991 that we took dance lessons.

  • Romeo + Juliet I love this modern intepretation of this classic. This film charges Shakespeare's words with energy. The first impressive role I saw with DiCaprio.

  • Moulin Rouge! Luhrmann's explosive energy, color and over-the-top drama peaks in this film. Great editting and music.

My Geek also received a copy of The Graduate as a graduation present from my sister. I received The Da Vinci Code from a co-worker. Very thoughtful. By default we got a copy of Serenity. This was intended to be a gift to one of our bestest friends but ValetBoy already had a copy. We kept it, already owning the Firefly series, and got him How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime.

We didn't watch a lot of movies over the holidays. I have a basic requirement of three holiday films that I must see and I only got to see one of them this year. I wonder if that's why I don't feel like the holidays are over. I missed Scrooged with Bill Murray and Alastair Sim in Scrooge. I enjoyed catching The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2, though. I have to make sure to own the other two movies if my holiday is going to be complete next year.

1 Comments:

  • Nice to see you back on the blog!

    I don't really have a Christmas movie tradition. We got the kids a 3-movie set of Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer a few years ago. That's about the extent of my movie celebrations during the holdiays. Watching them over, and over, and over, and over again. You know kids...

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home