Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

watercolor sketch of boat
Wow! I had no idea it had been so long since I'd posted. Mostly that's a good thing.

We had a fabulous vacation in Florida and a well needed rest. Above is my little watercolor sketch. I like to get up early and sit on my sister's back porch and sketch the view. There were some beautiful flowers back there I didn't get to sketch. I hope my photos turn out. Watercolor is not my forte but I practice.

My SoulPerSuit team is getting ready for the first publication of 3•1•6 Journal on June 29. We have an article featured there and are mentioned on the cover. Very exciting! As a result, we are trying to get the web site updated, schedule some prize giveaways on the blog and start a study on Esther.

I am watching movies and reading a lot I just haven't had time to review any of them. I hope you're not at a loss for something to rent, although I would say the pickings are slim. Most of the movies in my list right now are over a year old.

I also have several little art projects in the works. A couple of logos, my design for Art Unleashed and I've just discovered Illustration Friday. I'll talk more about that in the future.

2 Comments:

  • Watercolor... so lovely. Were you using traditional cakes of watercolor, or the flat travel packet that your friend made you? ;) It looks really nice, I'm glad you are getting it out and practicing with it. I need to do the same.

    Movies... I just read a review about the movie, Waitress, with Keri Russel. Ever heard of it? It sounded interesting.
    I just rented Land of The Lost from Netflix. I had so many memories of Saturday mornings watching Will, Holly and "Dad" raft down the rapids into dinosaur and Sleestack country.
    Wow. It was cheesy. I enjoyed the sentimentality of it, but ended up sending it back before I'd finished all the episodes. I was just not enjoying it THAT much.

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:02 PM  

  • Yes! I used the travel watercolor kit that my dear friend gave me! ;)
    I'm going to post about it sometime in the future because it is too cool. I was trying to explain it to someone this week and it was hard for them to understand. I love that little kit.

    By Blogger rhon, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home