Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Banana-Strawberry Fruit Smoothie

fruitI won't be posting very many recipes. It's not that I don't cook. I just don't have time to do much from scratch anymore. The reason I thought I'd post this was to put a little nod toward the of art of Taste. This is a popular second-breakfast (take on our way out the door) for us.

1/2 banana
1/2 c. strawberries, capped and cored
1/4 c. plain yogart
1/2 c. orange juice
2 TBL honey
2-4 ice cubes

Optional ingredients: any other fruit of your choice. We add 1/4 c. of pineapple.

Blend all ingredients until very smooth. Serve immediately.

Hints & Tricks
  • I like my smoothies thick and icy. To help with this, freeze all your fruit ahead of time.

  • In a zip-lock bag, freeze all the ingredients (except for the ice) for one smoothie. When you're ready to go, dump the whole bag in the blender, add ice and blend.

  • Leave the peal on bananas. Before you put them in the freezer, cut off the ends, cut the banana in half and then cut one or two slits down the peal. This will make it easier to peal after being frozen and they'll keep longer.

  • Buy some disposible cups, lids and straws at your big box warehouse stores or restaurant supply stores. You can carry these easily anywhere, they fit in you vehicles cup holder and there's no clean-up.

  • These will keep in the freezer or even the frig for as much as an hour. My Geek will mix mine right after breakfast (yes, I'm spoiled) and stick it in the frig. Then I shower and get dressed for work. I grab it on the way out and it is still great after I get to work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home