Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SHAPE icons

Last week I worked on the logo and icons for a Community Life series for Hillsdale Baptist Church. The purpose of the series is to discuss and discover how your own personal SHAPE fits into the church's core values. SHAPE stands for Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Ability, Personality, and Experience.

I thought the puzzle piece looked like a little person. I divided it into 5 color sections, each representing a part of the little person's SHAPE.

I also developed icons for each aspect of SHAPE. Each week a different aspect will be highlighted so they needed an icon to represent that week. I also designed the PowerPoint slides.

I'm really pleased with the overall look of the whole design. I thought is was utilitarian and generic. The icons needed to be as broad and recognizable as possible. The whole look needed to work across all demographics. I liked the really heavy borders and rounded corners.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Rhon, these are fun! I recognize that green foot. :)

    I love the topic your church is covering too. Hopefully going through the series will help some people become more comfortable in their skin and find a place to serve and bless others within the Body.

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home