Drool on the Frog

Friday, November 02, 2007

NaNoWriMo: Limpy Start

This writing stuff is hard!

Our NaNoWriMo writing group meets on Thursdays and Saturdays at Krankies to hammer out 1,667 words of our novel. So far, everyone in our group is doing better than expected. Everyone has meet their daily count... except me!

I am not a natural story teller so I think I'm approaching this more like a technical writer and it's killing my daily output. Above all I want to enjoy this so I'm going to keep plugging away and see if I can discover a new way to write that gives me freedom.

I have discovered that I like writing dialog more than describing settings and surroundings. I will write out the entire conversation (I can see and hear the whole thing in my head), and then go back and interject descriptions of the action and setting. It's working so far for me. Slow, but at least I'm getting words down.

Our friend ValetBoy began work on a new script. I was so tickled when he let me read it. It was really great. He offered to read mine and I could have rolled on the floor laughing. What I'm writing isn't really readable. It's more like someone's regurgitated ramblings. What a mess!

I do have a working title though I don't think it will stick:
The Mad Osakazuki Five of Cal-Tech

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home