Drool on the Frog

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cafe Press - So the Desgin May Live

Tshirt My Geek forwarded me a link to CafePress several months ago. I played with it a little bit but, as with most new design resources, I just didn’t have time to explore it. But it seemed like a fabulous tool.

CafePress allows anyone to design graphics for products like t-shirts and coffee mugs. If I want the picture of my dog on a mouse pad, all I have to do is put the picture into the right format, upload it to CafePress’ site and voila. You think that’s great? Here’s the pièce de résistance. There’s no minimum order. You can order one mouse pad and never order again.

But there’s more. CafePress allows you to set up your own store. You can create your own product lines and use e-mail, blogs and your personal web sites to link to your store. This is one of the avenues I can use to bring my design to life. I have an idea for a t-shirt. I’ll have to look to see if any of the other products inspire me. I think I’ll set up a store but I’m not going to spend a lot of time marketing. I’m not out to make money, just create.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home