Drool on the Frog

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thank You For Being A Friend

I have a hard time considering myself an artist next to my friend Erin. She's a wonderful mentor and always has great ideas. She's miles away from me now but we try to talk regularly. (Her blog is also wonderful to read.)

front fore leg designLast night I was thrilled she wanted to talk about SAM - how it was going and what I was working on. I unloaded my latest frustrations and then thought, "Hey, let me send you a couple of pictures and maybe you can help with the design on this front leg. It's bothering me and I don't know why."

I love technology (but not as much as you)!

I quickly fired over a scan of my drawing and a photo of what I was actually doing on the leg, because they were different. (I didn't like the original design. It seemed boring.)

It was really encouraging to hear her say she loved the original design and that I should stick with it. "Look at your Dr. Seuss books again," she prompted. She also reminded me to have fun and not worry so much.

I feel like I've taken a deep breath after being under water. Thanks Erin.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • TOTALLY blushing.

    Heaven is going to have a gargantuan art studio in which you and I will share table space!

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home