Drool on the Frog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Willa's Flic Pic: The Notebook *


The NotebookThe Notebook

Nick Cassavetes
Romance, 2004
*

I typically don't review movies that I consider a waste of time. It's not that this movie is the worst one I've seen in a while, it was just such a disappointment. IMDB has user rating at 8 out of 10. Don't believe the hype.

It was my birthday week celebration and I decided I wanted to see a chic flic. This is not my favorite genre of films but, since it was ladies choice, what the hay. I remember "hearing" good things about this film. Mostly from women, I think. I thought that was a good sign. James Garner is always great to watch so I thought I was up for at least some sappy fun.

WRONG!

We were into the film less than ten mintes and I wanted to turn it off. Boring and tedious come to mind. I think the only reason I'm giving this film even one star is for the actors. They were all good and well cast, but pretty much everything else was wrong. The costumes, the script, the editting... If you want concrete reasons not to rent this or if you want to defend the film, then write to me because this is not as much a review as a warning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Dear Willa,

    Thanks for publishing this noteBook.

    It must have been taken much of your times to search for the word "spirit" in the Bible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • Sorry, jefamego, you've lost me.

    Come back?

    By Blogger rhon, at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home