Drool on the Frog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

DroolontheFrog Logo design

My Geek is taking the DroolontheFrog title for his new computer business. In the works is a web site featuring some software he's written and a technical blog. Of course, he needs an identity, which is one of my favorite things to do.

draft of DroolontheFrog logo
We didn't talk a lot about what he wanted it to look like. He mentioned using Willa in the design. I was willing to do it but it just seemed too home spun. The design would really have to be smart. My instant vision was of a frog in mid leap rendered in just green pixels. It looked great in my head but I couldn't get it to work out. The pixels were too scarce to convey the image of the frog I wanted.

DroolontheFrog logo
I wanted the image to be simple, clean, smart and modern. Nothing cartoonish but not dry, boring or too formal. He wants to be taken seriously by big companies but approachable by private clients also. With the added pressure of a deadline, I opted for a flat, one-color rendering of the frog in my head. It has some nice geometrics to play with. I know My Geek had some of his own ideas so I thought I would be making several revisions but he loved it. He wanted very few changes.

I was also really pleased. The process was a blast and I just felt like I was in my element. Now I'm working the logo for use on the web and golf shirts.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • A new computer business???

    I think it's time for a phone date- I'm a little out of the loop. But it sounds like an exciting prospect! :)

    By Blogger Erin, at 3:56 PM  

  • My thoughts exactly.

    And the design is way cool, by the way. :)

    By Blogger aspire2, at 11:57 PM  

  • Ha-ha! We had a phone date last night and kept saying, "Where's Sandi? Let's call her!" Not knowing if you were on a mountain peak, watching a sunset or giving a lecture, we opted for a less disruptive query.

    Where've you been?

    By Blogger rhon, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home